I am a 1st year Ph.D. candidate at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) - Universidade de Lisboa. I carry out my research at the Distributed Systems Group at INESC-ID Lisboa. I am kindly co-advised by Prof. João Garcia and Prof. Rodrigo Rodrigues.
My research focuses on distributed systems and includes topics such as consistency semantics, distributed coordination and resource management. At this moment I am focused on how to transparently integrate consistency across multiple cooperating heterogenous subsystem.
|2016-05-30||I will be in Caparica attending the 2nd Portugal|UT Austin summer school in systems and networking.|
|2016-04-15||I will be presenting my Ph.D. proposal titled "Integrating strong consistency across multiple stateful services" at EuroSys Doctoral Workshop (EuroDW 2016).|
|2016-02-15||I will be in London attending EuroSys 2016.|
|2015-09-14||I'm officially a Ph.D. candidate at Instituto Superior Técnico! 🎉|
Updated information is available from my Google Scholar profile.
Vadara: Predictive Elasticity for Cloud Applications
IEEE CloudCom 2014 - 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science
Predicting Well-being with Geo-Referenced Data Collected from Social Media Platforms
SAC 2015 - Proceedings of the 30th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing
A Decision Support System for Railway Track Maintenance and Renewal Planning
Civil-Comp 2014 - Second International Conference on Railway Technology: Research, Development and Maintenance
Sept 2015 - Present
Ph.D. Candidate Instituto Superior Técnico
Nov 2014 - Sept 2015
Software Engineer @ Accenture
- Worked on mobile-based automated workforce management application.
- Performed workforce demand forecasting analysis.
Apr 2012 - Present
Software Engineer @ RAILGROUP.PT Research Group
- Zend Framework
M.S.E. in Computer Science Engineering @ Instituto Superior Técnico
- Master Thesis in Automated Elasticity and Scalability for Cloud Applications. Scored 18 out of 20.
- Major in Software Engineering and minor in Enterprise Information Systems. Averaged 17 out of 20.
- Distributed Systems
- Cloud Computing
B.S.E. in Computer Science Engineering @ Instituto Superior Técnico
- Final project scored 20 out of 20.
- Averaged 14 out of 20.
- Operating Systems
Dec '14 - April '15
Technical Book Reviewer @ PACKT Publishing
- Technical reviewer for Implementing Cloud Patterns in AWS
- Focused on reviewing technical details regarding deploying known cloud computing patterns on AWS.
- One of 200 chosen developers to attend a Google-sponsored event with workshops, networking and a hackathon.
- One of 32 internationally chosen candidates to attend a week full entrepreneurship event with workshops, talks and networking events.
- Developed startup plan awarded top 5 (out of 10).
Updated projects are available from my Github profile.
TaoD is a naive implementation of Facebook's TAO API for its social graph.
A (very) small Python Docker image based on Alpine Linux.
- Alpine Linux
pywFM is a Python wrapper for Steffen Rendle's libFM.
- Machine Learning
Generic framework regarding cloud provider and employed elasticity strategy; that allows the development of elasticity strategies that are not tied with any provider.
- Cloud Computing
- Rackspace Cloud
Relates Twitter message location with locations' happiness. Repository for ACM Symposium on Applied Computing "Predicting Well-Being With Geo-Referenced Data Collected from Social Media Platforms".